ASCILITE forms partnerships with like minded organizations in order to extend its global reach and promote its brand and activities. These relationships are typically formed through Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) which typically enable ASCILITE members and members of like-minded associations to:
- Engage in international activities and initiatives of mutual benefit;
- Collaborate on and share pedagogically driven technology-supported learning, teaching initiatives research to promote evidence-based practice;
- Access certain member benefits offered by affiliated organisations, e.g. conference rates;
- Connect with and participate in existing professional networks, foster working relationships across international communities of educational practice;
- Initiate sustainable joint activities with practitioners outside of Australasia to develop and disseminate knowledge, expertise and experience related to the aims of the affiliated organisations; and
- Support the development of learning communities around technologies, research and practice.
ASCILITE currently has MOUs with EDEN in Europe (2016), ALT in the UK (2022), SoLAR (2020), D2L (2020), FLANZ (2021), Edugrowth (2021), HERDSA (2022), the University of Cumbria in the UK (2022), CAULLT (2022), ACODE (resigned 2023), and Learning Vault (2023). You can view these MOUs by clicking on the organisation’s logo below.