ASCILITE Fellows & Emerging Scholars
The ASCILITE Community Fellow (which replaces the ASCILITE Fellow Award) and Emerging Scholar Awards were introduced in 2018.
Emerging Scholar Award Winners
This award recognises outstanding contributions to the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education as an emerging scholar in at least two of the following categories; emerging professional mentoring or leadership, emerging noteworthy or quality research or sustained innovations.
- Keith Heggart, University of Technology Sydney (2021)
- Cadey Korson, Massey University (2020)
- Carolyn Gates, Massey University (2020)
- Carol Johnson, The University of Melbourne (2019)
- Kwong Nui Sim, Victoria University of Wellington (2019)
- Linda Corrin, The University of Melbourne (2018)
Community Fellow Award Winners
The Community Fellow award recognises the outstanding contributions to the exemplary use of, and/or research into technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education through leadership or the support and encouragement of technologies within the community. This award replaced the ASCILITE Fellow Award in 2018.
- Linda Corrin, Deakin University (2022)
- Wendy Taleo, Monash University (2022)
- Michael Sankey, Charles Darwin University (2021)
- Colin Simpson, Monash University (2019)
- Michael Cowling, CQUniversity (2018)
Fellow Award Winners
(No longer offered)
The ASCILITE Fellow Award recognises the outstanding contribution of individual ascilite members in the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for learning and teaching in tertiary education. Past ASCILITE Fellow Award winners comprise:
- Dr Carina Bossu (2016)
- Associate Professor Barney Dalgarno (2013)
- Professor Gráinne Conole (2012)
- Thomas Cochrane (2011)
- Thomas Reeves (2010)
- Petrea Redmond (2009; Commendation Early Career Award)
- Ron Oliver (2009)
- Geoffrey Crisp (2009)
*Prior to 2009 Life Members were referred to as Fellows. With the introduction of the annual Fellow awards in 2009, previously awarded Fellows were renamed as Life Members.
Awards Criteria & Application Forms
You will find awards criteria and application forms under the “Get Involved” section of the website here.