ASCILITE Fellows & Emerging Scholars
The ASCILITE Community Fellow (which replaces the ASCILITE Fellow Award) and Emerging Scholar Awards were introduced in 2018.
2018 Community Fellow Award Winner
The winner of the 2018 inaugural Community Fellow Award is Michael Cowling (CQUniversity).
This award recognises the outstanding contributions to the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education for and with communities in at least two of the following categories:
- Professional leadership working within the community
- Encourages and supports exemplary use of technologies within the community
- Innovations in practice in exemplary use of technologies within the community
2018 Emerging Scholar Award Winner
The winner of the 2018 inaugural Emerging Scholar award is Linda Corrin (The University of Melbourne).
This award recognises outstanding contributions to the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education as an emerging scholar in at least two of the following categories:
- Emerging professional mentoring or leadership
- Emerging noteworthy or quality research
- Sustained innovations
Fellow Award Winners*
The ASCILITE Fellow Award recognises the outstanding contribution of individual ascilite members in the exemplary use of, and/or research into, technologies for learning and teaching in tertiary education. Past ASCILITE Fellow Award winners comprise:
- Dr Carina Bossu (2016)
- Associate Professor Barney Dalgarno (2013)
- Professor Gráinne Conole (2012)
- Thomas Cochrane (2011)
- Thomas Reeves (2010)
- Petrea Redmond (2009; Commendation Early Career Award)
- Ron Oliver (2009)
- Geoffrey Crisp (2009)
*Prior to 2009 Life Members were referred to as Fellows. With the introduction of the annual Fellow awards in 2009, previously awarded Fellows were renamed as Life Members.
Awards Criteria & Application Forms
You will find awards criteria and application forms under the “Get Involved” section of the website here.