ASCILITE offers four awards and a student bursary for which members are welcome to apply or nominate. This includes two new awards introduced in 2018.
- Life Member Award
- Innovation Award
- Emerging Scholar Award (new)
- Community Fellow Award (new)
- Student Bursaries
The requirement that nominees must be an ASCILITE member in order to submit an award nomination is waived for staff members from institutions that are ASCILITE Institutional Members. View this page to see if your institution is an institutional member in ASCILITE.
If you are looking for past award winners, use the following links to view specific winners in each category Life Members, Innovation Award, ASCILITE Fellows (no longer offered) and the AJET Distinguished Reviewer Award.
The Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET) offers the Distinguished Reviewer Award in recognition of a candidate’s outstanding work as an AJET reviewer. Candidates for this award are selected by the AJET Management Committee and Lead Editors from among the journal reviewers in any given year. This award was introduced in 2017.
Life Member Award
An ASCILITE Life Member Award is a prestigious award that recognises the significant service and/or sustained contribution of a member to the Society. Life Member Awards are the highest recognition of achievement made by ASCILITE. This award is made only when an appropriate candidate meets the criteria. This means that the award may not be presented every year. Life members do not pay membership fees.
The ASCILITE Innovation Award was introduced in 2011 as the “Innovation & Excellence” award. It celebrates work undertaken by an individual or team of people in support of the exemplary and research informed use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education. Innovation is defined as a new idea, device or process. It is something original that “breaks into” teaching and learning in the tertiary sector. For further information, refer to the Innovation Award Criteria and Nomination form below.
Emerging Scholar Award
Nominations for the ASCILITE Emerging Scholar Award will be assessed on merit by a sub-committee of the ASCILITE Executive. The following criteria will guide the assessment of this award:
- Has made a noteworthy contribution in the exemplary use of technologies for learning and teaching in tertiary education in one of the categories referred to in the award criteria document; and/or
- Has made a noteworthy contribution to exemplary research into technologies for learning and teaching in tertiary education in one of the referred to in the award criteria document; and
- Through their contributions has promoted the strategic vision, mission and goals of ASCILITE.
Community Fellow Award
The ASCILITE Community Fellow Award aims to recognise the outstanding contributions of individual ASCILITE members in the exemplary building of connections in the wider community and into the ASCILITE community. The nature of these contributions should cover one or more of the following categories:
- Works within the community to develop professional leadership in the development, application or implementation of exemplary technology-related projects for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Encourages and supports the exemplary use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education within the community.
- Encourages innovations in practice in the exemplary use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education.
- Participates and initiates discussion in the use of technologies for teaching and learning in tertiary education in the wider community.
Student Bursary Award
Up to three Student Bursaries in the amount of $1,000 each are available to full-time PhD/EdD or equivalent students. Winners receive a $1,000 bursary to attend the ASCILITE conference and a one year student membership in ASCILITE along with the remaining funds to be put towards accommodation or travel assistance to attend the conference. Winners are included in the ASCILITE conference awards ceremony and their submissions are available on the ASCILITE website. For further information, refer to the Student Bursary Criteria and Nomination form below.
2019 Call for Nominations
The 2019 call for nominations will opened in August and close in October 2019. Winners are announced at the ASCILITE Conference. For more information on the awards contact the ASCILITE Secretariat.