Are you involved in technology-enhanced learning, teaching and research, learning design, applications development, interactive media or perhaps you lead institutional learning and teaching teams and develop L&t strategies? If so, ASCILITE membership may be for you.
By joining ASCILITE, you become a member of one of Australasia’s most vibrant professional TEL communities with over 850 professional and academic staff from tertiary institutions all over Australia, New Zealand and beyond. Below is a brief introduction to the diverse range of member services available to members. (You can also access details for each of the services directly from “Get Involved” above).
- Annual conference: ASCILITE is renowned for its excellent technology enhanced learning conference held at the end of each year.
- Special Interest Groups: join one of our many SIGs, namely Learning Analytics, Learning Design, Mobile Learning, TELedvisors, Digital Equity, Open Educational Practices, eAssessment and Business Education.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET): By becoming a member of ASCILITE, you support the work of ASCILITE’s esteemed refereed academic journal in which you will find a wide range of scholarly work related to Technology Enhanced Learning. Tip: ASCILITE members are welcome to become journal reviewers.
- Community Mentoring Programme (CMP): Advance or support your career goals with an experienced mentor through ASCILITE’s annual CMP.
- Fortnightly member Bulletin: Keep informed via our fortnightly member bulletin that includes news about ASCILITE and other events. The bulletin is emailed to members on the Monday and posted to the ASCILITE website on the following Wednesday.
- Spring into Excellence Research School: The 3 day Research School takes place every September or October and provides support and guidance for participants to develop and progress Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) research initiatives through a residential program with a heavily discounted registration fee for members.
- ASCILITE Awards: nominate your project, research activity or practice for an ASCILITE Innovation award or become an ASCILITE Community Fellow or Emerging Scholar. Student Bursaries are also offered. ASCILITE awards are announced at the annual conference and are only open to ASCILITE members.
- Social media & TELall blog: like, comment, post and join the conversation on ASCILITE’s active social media channels and dedicated TELall blog which often publishes weekly.
- ASCILITE Live! Webinars: join one of our regular webinars on a wide range of topics or participate in one of the many regular SIG webinars.
- TELAS: ASCILITE has completed the development of its national accreditation framework and online course assessment portal which will be operational later this year to provide institutions with a means to assess the quality of their online courses.
- CMALT Australasia: gain recognition through ASCILITE’s professional certification scheme.
- Women in Academic Leadership: join the mentoring/mentee relationships to foster leadership and career.