Are you involved in technology-enhanced learning, teaching and research, learning design, applications development, interactive media or perhaps you lead institutional learning and teaching teams and develop L&T strategies? If so, ASCILITE membership may be for you.
By joining ASCILITE, you become a member of one of Australasia’s most vibrant professional TEL communities with over 1,000 professional and academic staff from tertiary institutions all over Australia, New Zealand and beyond. Below is a brief introduction to the diverse range of member services available to members. (You can also access details for each of the services directly from “Get Involved” above).
- Annual conference: ASCILITE is renowned for its excellent technology enhanced learning conference held at the end of each year.
- Special Interest Groups: join one of our many SIGs, namely Learning Analytics, Learning Design, Mobile Learning, TELedvisors, Open Educational Practices, eAssessment and Business Education.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET): By becoming a member of ASCILITE, you support the work of ASCILITE’s esteemed refereed academic journal in which you will find a wide range of scholarly work related to Technology Enhanced Learning. Tip: ASCILITE members are welcome to become journal reviewers.
- Community Mentoring Programme (CMP): Advance or support your career goals with an experienced mentor through ASCILITE’s annual CMP.
- Fortnightly member Bulletin: Keep informed via our fortnightly member bulletin that includes news about ASCILITE and other events. The bulletin is emailed to members on the Monday and posted to the ASCILITE website on the following Wednesday under “Latest News”.
- Spring into Excellence Research School: The 3 day Research School takes place every September or October and provides support and guidance for participants to develop and progress Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) research initiatives through a residential program with a heavily discounted registration fee for members. (Back in 2022!)
- ASCILITE Awards: nominate your project, research activity or practice for an ASCILITE Innovation award or become an ASCILITE Community Fellow or Emerging Scholar. Student Bursaries are also offered. ASCILITE awards are announced at the annual conference and are only open to ASCILITE members.
- Social media & TELall blog: like, comment, post and join the conversation on ASCILITE’s active social media channels and dedicated TELall blog which often publishes weekly.
- ASCILITE Live! Webinars: join one of our regular webinars on a wide range of topics or participate in one of the many regular SIG webinars. Take a look here at the sessions we’ve conducted.
- Wavelength Podcast: This initiative is a community-contributed initiative to highlight contemporary issues and thought leadership in tertiary education in Australasia and internationally, with a particular emphasis on technology-enhanced learning. ASCILITE members are invited to submit segments for the podcast.
- TELAS: ASCILITE has completed the development of its national accreditation framework and online course assessment portal which is now operational. TELAS provides institutions with a means to assess the quality of their online courses. Take a look at the TELAS website for a schedule of Information Sessions and Reviewer Certification workshops.
- CMALT Australasia: gain recognition through ASCILITE’s professional certification scheme.
- Women in Academic Leadership: join the mentoring/mentee relationships to foster leadership and career.