Contextualising Horizon aims to identify the educational technologies and practices likely to impact the Australasian tertiary sector. Intended as a companion to the Educause Horizon Report, the Contextualising Horizon Report brings together analysis of the trends impacting tertiary education and insights and exemplars of the significant educational technologies and practices.
By synthesizing the expertise of the ASCILITE community and its affiliates, Contextualising Horizon examined the social, technological, economic, environmental and political trends impacting the tertiary education sector and identified the following seven educational technology and practice trends:
- Redefinition and Interrogation of Longstanding Pedagogical Practices (e.g., lectures and exams)
- Self-Care and Well-Being for Staff and Students
- Blended Models of Learning
- Ed Tech Infrastructure to Enable Learning
- Accessible Content and Digital Equity
- Co-Design of Higher Education
Download the 2021-2022 Contextualising Horizon Educational Technology and Practice Trends Infographic.