ASCILITE Learning Analytics SIG
The ASCILITE Learning Analytics Special Interest Group (LA SIG) aims to develop awareness and resources about Learning Analytics (LA) and its application to learning and teaching. We focus on facilitating networks and sharing practices among the LA community across Australia and New Zealand. The LA SIG Committee is comprised of Hazel Jones, Casandra Colvin, Sakinah Alhadad and Linda Corrin. The focus of this group is on enabling practitioners to use Learning Analytics to inform their teaching practice with reference to Learning Design. It will complement the work being undertaken through the Society of Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR) and associated groups such as the Australian Learning Analytics Summer Institute (ALASI) and various State Learning Analytics Working Groups.
Membership of the LA SIG is open to all, including non-ASCILITE members. To be kept up to date, complete this simple form. You can contact the LA SIG Committee via this email address: email@example.com.
We are currently in the process of organising a series of webinars with noted international and local experts. To date we have two speakers confirmed so please note the date in your diaries.
- Paul Prinsloo Research Professor in Open Distance Learning (ODL) University of South Africa Wednesday June 21 Jun at 4:00pm AEST.
- Bart Rienties Professor of Learning Analytics at the Institute of Educational Technology at the Open University UK Wednesday 20 September at 5:00pm AEST.
Full details will be distributed as soon as they are finalised.
We are also looking for suggestions for Australian speakers you would like to engage with so please send through any ideas of people and/or topics to the LA SIG Google Group.
We also encourage anyone with an interest in LA to:
- Share ideas, ask questions and participate in conversations via our LA SIG Google Group.
- Be a part of our SIG events, webinars and workshops.
- Use the LA resources and contacts.
We would also like to know what you would like to get from involvement in the SIG, so please let us know via the email address above of any ideas you may have for events, as well as suggested topics and speakers for our webinar series.
Learning Analytics Resources
The following are links to a range of resources and organisations in the LA field.
Society of Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR), incorporating:
- Journal of Learning Analytics
- Learning Analytics Info Hub
- International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK)
- Learning Analytics Summer Institutes (LASI)
- 2015 Australian Learning Analytics Summer Institute
- OLT-Funded Projects into LA
Other LA initiatives and projects:
You will also find archives of the 2015 – 2016 LA-SIG award submissions here.