YOUR ASCILITE MEMBERSHIP
Welcome! Your membership will be activated shortly.
You have just joined one of Australasia’s most vibrant professional TEL communities with over 1,200 professional and academic staff from tertiary institutions all over Australia, New Zealand and beyond. Below are brief descriptions of ASCILITE’s member services which we invite you to check-out.
ASCILITE has something for everyone …
- Annual conference: ASCILITE is renowned for its excellent technology enhanced learning conference held at the end of each year. Th2 2022 conference will be a hybrid event and as a member you are now eligible to receive a discount on your registration. Tip: You will also find an extensive library of past conference proceedings accessible from the ASCILITE website.
- Special Interest Groups: join one of our many SIGs, namely Learning Analytics, Learning Design, Mobile Learning, TELedvisors, Open Educational Practices, eAssessment and Business Education. Tip: Most SIGs require a separate sign-up but they’re all free to ASCILITE members.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET): By becoming a member of ASCILITE, you support the work of ASCILITE’s esteemed refereed academic journal in which you will find a wide range of scholarly work related to Technology Enhanced Learning. Tip: ASCILITE members are welcome to become journal reviewers and you’ll be notified when new issues are published in your member bulletin.
- Community Mentoring Programme (CMP): Advance or support your career goals with an experienced mentor through ASCILITE’s annual CMP, or offer your services as a mentor. Mentors and mentees receive a 50% discount on their conference registrations. Tip: Keep an eye out for the call for EOIs at the beginning of each year and nominate yourself as a mentor or mentee.
- Fortnightly member Bulletin: Keep informed via our fortnightly member bulletin that includes news about ASCILITE and other TEL related events. The bulletin is emailed to members on the Monday and posted to the ASCILITE website on the following Wednesday. Tip: The bulletin is a great place to share your own projects and activities, conduct surveys and post jobs to the extensive ASCILITE community.
- Spring into Excellence Research School: The 3 day Research School usually takes place around September or October and provides support and guidance for participants to develop and progress Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) research initiatives through a residential program with a heavily discounted registration fee for members. Tip: the 2021 Research School will probably go virtual.
- ASCILITE Awards: nominate your project, research activity or practice for an ASCILITE Innovation award or become an ASCILITE Community Fellow or Emerging Scholar. Student Bursaries are also offered. ASCILITE awards are announced at the annual conference and are only open to ASCILITE members. Tip: winners are eligible for a complimentary conference registration.
- Social media & blog: like, comment, post and join the conversation on ASCILITE’s active social media channels and dedicated TELall blog which often publishes weekly. Tip: you can subscribe separately to the TELall blog, leave comments and perhaps write and share your own project and activities with the community.
- ASCILITE Live! Webinars: join one of our regular webinars on a wide range of topics or participate in regular SIG webinars. Tip: the ASCILITE website contains several libraries of past webinars, included here and also on the LA-SIG and TELedvisors-SIG pages.
- The ASCILITE Wavelength Podcast is a community-contributed initiative to highlight contemporary issues and thought leadership in tertiary education in Australasia and internationally, with a particular emphasis on technology-enhanced learning. ASCILITE members and non-members are invited to submit segments for the podcast.
- TELAS: ASCILITE has completed the development of its national accreditation framework and online course assessment portal which is now operational. The aim of the framework and assessment portal is to establish an internationally recognized external accreditation system for online courses. Most importantly, it provide a means for institutions to assess the quality of their online courses. Tip: TELAS Information Sessions and Reviewer Certification Workshops are now available. Workshop fees for members are significantly less than they are for non-members.
- CMALT Australasia: gain recognition through ASCILITE’s professional certification scheme.
- Women in Academic Leadership: This initiative aims to provide mentoring opportunities for academics at levels C and D (or equivalent), with mentors from Levels D and E. The initiative will bring together its members via a community approach to support each other to progress in academia. Applicants must be current members of ASCILITE and maintain their membership for the duration of the two year initiative.