ASCILITE/Turnitin – A positive approach to academic integrity and the potential future of artificial intelligence
In this session, we shine a light on how academic misconduct unfolds and the potential for artificial intelligence to mitigate risk and safeguard integrity. Distinguishing between intentional and unintentional plagiarism and taking a positive academic integrity approach focused on awareness-raising, we will also explore the relationship between technology and contract cheating and how technology such as Turnitin can support you in cheating detection. A discussion of how educators and institutions can establish new cultural norms and standards to support this endeavour, is also covered. Join us as we explore how higher education might need to prepare for the challenges and opportunities associated with artificial intelligence.
- Considerations to help navigate the academic integrity landscape
- Awareness of future challenges and opportunities of artificial intelligence relating to academic integrity
- Tips and strategies educators can use to detect and deter with contract cheating
- Approaches to establishing positive norms in the classroom
- Preventive scaffolding and skills building