Draft policy as of 25 May 2018
- The right to be informed about how ASCILITE will use your personal data
- The right to access a copy of any personal data ASCILITE hold about you
- The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request the deletion or removal of personal data
- The rights to restrict and object to processing of personal data
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with ASCILITE.
The following policy statement details how your rights are protected:
- ASCILITE’s use of data is governed by the 1988 Privacy Act (Australia) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
- ASCILITE’s Data Controller is the ASCILITE Executive Officer and for any personal data related requests such as data access, deletion or withdrawal of consent please email ASCILITE at email@example.com.
- To lodge a personal data related complaint in the first instance you may email ASCILITE at firstname.lastname@example.org and your complaint will be forwarded to an appropriate member of the Executive Committee for follow-up with you.
- During your use of any ASCILITE website you may be asked for your full name, address, email address, job-title, organisational affiliation, and a telephone number, all of which is “Personal Information”.
- When you submit your Personal Information to an ASCILITE website, that information will be protected by encrypted SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology and that information will be securely handled when transferred within ASCILITE. This includes payment forms, Special Interest Group sign-up forms, online meeting forms and any other form that requests your Personal Information.
- The use of encrypted SSL technology may or may not extend to any Personal Information submitted by you to a website managed or used by an ASCILITE Special Interest Group. The inclusion of this information will always be at your discretion and control.
- Any Personal Information submitted to an ASCILITE website will be used for the following purposes:
(a) To enable you to register for ASCILITE events such as online discussions or an ASCILITE conference
(b) To enable ASCILITE to contact you, with your consent, by email, post, or telephone on ASCILITE related matters
(c) To enable you to apply for or renew your membership in ASCILITE
(d) To enable us to fulfill our obligations to you as an ASCILITE member
(e) To enable you to take part in ASCILITE activities
(f) To enable us to continue, maintain and develop our websites.
- ASCILITE is required under Australian Tax legislation to retain your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years when you pay ASCILITE for any service or receive any amount from ASCILITE after which time it will be destroyed.
- ASCILITE is required to keep a register of Financial Members for public inspection as per the ASCILITE Constitution and this register is stored in an encrypted online membership database.
- Any Personal Information submitted by you to an ASCILITE website will not be sold or provided to any third party without your agreement unless the third party is contracted by us to provide data processing services on behalf of ASCILITE. Any organisation we have contracted to provide data processing services may be given access to your Personal Information and has warranted that to the extent it processes any Personal Information on behalf of ASCILITE it:
(a) shall act only on instructions from us as the data controller; and
(b) has in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Information.
- If you post comments to any ASCILITE website, be aware that any personal data you share within your comment (email address, name and signature information) may be visible to others.
- Your email address will continue to be subscribed to the mailing list until you contact us and request otherwise, or until you use the Mailchimp service to unsubscribe. The unsubscribe function is available in the footer of all emails sent to you by ASCILITE. If you unsubscribe, you will no longer receive emails from ASCILITE, including, but not limited to, membership renewal notifications and ASCILITE news.
(b) If a user submits a comment to an ASCILITE website and ticks the “Remember me” option their email address will be stored in a cookie for one year.
(c) On some websites we use social sharing widgets which include third party tracking and you may be able to eliminate this tracking from your browser.
In case of queries please contact us.