ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School
The Inaugural ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School will be held 26 – 28 September 2017 at the University of Wollongong.
This event, which will be hosted by the Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health, University of Wollongong, will feature guest speakers and presenters including Professor Barney Dalgarno, Associate Professor Rob Phillips and Emeritus Professor Margaret Lloyd.
The aim of the ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School is to:
Provide support and guidance to participants in developing and progressing Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) research initiatives including but not limited to:
– Formulating a relevant and effective TEL research project.
– Collecting appropriate TEL research data.
– Identifying what data is most appropriate for TEL research.
- Assist participants to identify and plan a contemporary TEL research project.
- Enable opportunities for participants to link with like-minded collaborators from other universities and potentially to establish viable cross-institutional research collaborations.
- Guide participants in developing a grant application or research plan for a TEL research project. This would include both projects that have already been conceptualized as well as new projects that have not yet been conceived.
At the end of the ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School participants will:
- Have gained a sound understanding of current topical areas and methodologies for TEL research
- Have broadened their professional networks
- Have a well-developed and comprehensive plan for a TEL research project
- Appreciate how to be successful in publishing manuscripts in journals
- Be able to confidently review a manuscript and provide constructive feedback; and
- Have a strategy for identifying potential funding opportunities and developing funding applications
The ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School will be most suitable for:
- Early to mid-career researchers
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) enthusiasts
- Teaching intensive academics
- ASCILITE mentors and mentees
- Anyone interested in applying for a TEL research grant
- Anyone interested in TEL research collaborations and cross-institutional research projects
- Academics seeking to incorporate research into their TEL practice and approach
- Chairs of research
- HDR coordinators
- PhD supervisors
This 3-day ASCILITE Spring into Excellence Research School, which includes lunches, morning and afternoon teas and 2 nights accommodation (26 & 27 September 2017), is $750 for ASCILITE members and $950 for non-members. The registration fee is reduced by $300 if accommodation is not required.
Expressions of interest to attend the inaugural ASCILITE Research School are due by 14 July 2017. Please note that there are limited places available so don’t be disappointed, register your interest TODAY.
EOI outcome notifications will be sent by 28 July 2017 and successful applicants will be provided with registration payment details at that time.
For enquiries please email Dr Chris Campbell.