- Obtain professional recognition and attain Certified Membership for your experience and capability in the field of learning technology.
- Join a Community of Practice and get supported to complete the CMALT Australasia program.
CMALT Australasia is a certified membership scheme offered in partnership with the Association for Learning Technology (ALT) UK. The scheme is a form of professional accreditation which enables people whose work involves learning technology to have their experience and capabilities certified by peers, and to demonstrate that they are taking a committed approach to their professional development. As a certified member of ALT you can increase the impact of your professional record or CV and use “CMALT” as post-nominal letters.
The basis of the accreditation process is a portfolio which contains both evidence and reflection in relation to a number of key criteria.
The CMALT support pages on the ALT website are the primary source of information, particularly the CMALT Prospectus and CMALT Guidelines for candidates and assessors. You may also like to download a CMALT flyer for an overview of the scheme and its benefits. Use the flyer to help generate interest in CMALT Australasia in your institution.
How to Register for CMALT Australasia
Register for the CMALT Australasia scheme via ALT using the ALT registration page. CMALT Australasia will then be notified of your registration for follow-up and support.
Discounts can be arranged for groups of more than five registrants in the CMALT Australasia program. To discuss a group CMALT registration, contact ALT for further details. Since you must be an ascilite member to register for CMALT Australasia, ASCILITE offers institutional memberships to support CMALT group registration and further reduce costs.
Join the CMALT Australasia Community of Practice 2016
ASCILITE is proactively supporting CMALT Australasia by offering mentoring opportunities and incentives to those preparing their portfolio. There will be two parts to this support:
- The CMALT Australasia 2016 Community of Practice will offer mentoring, advice and support through online check-in and support sessions on preparing and submitting a portfolio. Registered members of the CoP may also join the Google+ CMALT Australasia community.
- ASCILITE will offer a one-off $A250 subsidy for successful CMALT Australasia applicants, who have been participants in the CMALT Australasia CoP 2016, to register for the ASCILITE2016 conference in Adelaide. This subsidy will be limited to 8 applicants and will be on a first-come first-served basis. Full details of the CoP including conditions for subsidies and how to apply may be download here.
- Enquiries concerning the CoP may also be directed to Mark Northover, Co-Chair CMALT Australasia.
- The CoP is open to all ASCILITE members.
- Expressions of Interest in joining the CoP with a view to submitting in 2016 should be emailed to the Secretariat by 30 March 2016.