11 ways to get involved in the ASCILITE community!
An ASCILITE membership offers opportunities to enrich your professional networks and participate through ASCILITE’s mentoring program, professional accreditation scheme, professionally relevant webinars, Special Interest Groups, our excellent annual conference, peer reviewed journal and more.
There are lots of ways to get involved with the vibrant ASCILITE community once you become a member. Here are eleven of them. You can access details on each of these from “Get Involved” on the menu above. Be part of one of Australasia’s most vibrant professional TEL communities!
- Annual conference: Enrich your professional networks through our excellent and super-friendly annual conference and submit your own paper to this renowned conference. There is also an extensive library of past conference proceedings that are readily accessible from here.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology (AJET): By becoming a member of ASCILITE, you support the work of ASCILITE’s esteemed refereed academic journal in which you will find a wide range of scholarly work related to TEL. And ASCILITE members are always welcome to become journal Reviewers.
- Community Mentoring Programme (CMP): Advance or support your career goals with an experienced mentor through ASCILITE’s annual CMP intake (early February) in which you can participate as either a mentor or a mentee.
- Fortnightly member Bulletin: Keep informed via our member bulletin that includes news about upcoming events; calls for scholarly participation; job vacancies and more. Share your own institution’s projects, events and activities with the extensive ASCILITE community via our ASCILITE bulletin.
- Spring into Excellence Research School: This new initiative was launched in September 2017 and will now be an annual event. The school provides support and guidance to participants in developing and progressing Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) research initiatives through a residential 3 day program with a heavily discounted registration fee for members.
- ASCILITE Awards: nominate your project, research activity or practice for an ASCILITE Innovation award or become an ASCILITE Fellow.
- Social media & blog: like, comment, post and join the conversation on ASCILITE’s active social media channels and dedicated TELall blog.
- Special Interest Groups: join one of our many SIGs, namely Learning Analytics, Learning Design, Mobile Learning, TELedvisors and eAssessment with several more to come in 2018.
- ASCILITE Live! Webinars: join one of our regular webinars on a wide range of topics or participate in one of the many regular SIG webinars. And don’t forget that the ASCILITE website contains several libraries of past webinars, including here and in the LA-SIG and TELedvisors-SIG pages.
- TELAS: The “Technology Enhanced Learning Accreditation Scheme” is a new initiative currently under development. The aim of the scheme is to establish an internationally recognized external accreditation system for online courses. Stay tuned to further developments of this exciting scheme as the planning progresses in 2018 with a possible launch that year.
- CMALT Australasia: gain recognition through ASCILITE’s professional accreditation scheme.