2017 Student Bursary Award
ASCILITE is excited to announce a new award in the form of two Student Bursaries in the amount of $1,000 each. To qualify, you must be a full-time PhD/EdD or equivalent student. Sponsorship of one or both bursaries is also available.
Benefits of the Award
- Each of the two winners receives a $1,000 bursary to attend the ASCILITE conference and a one year student membership in ASCILITE along with the remaining funds to be put towards accommodation or travel assistance to attend the conference.
- Winning submissions will be made available on the ASCILITE and/or conference website.
- Winners will be included in the ASCILITE conference awards ceremony and if there is a sponsor for the award, they will be invited to present the award.
- Winners may wish to participant in the ASCILITE community mentoring program.
- In addition to the bursaries, one PhD/EdD or equivalent student Best Paper award will be announced and awarded at the 2017 ASCILITE conference (this may or may not be a Student Bursary applicant).
Use of Funds
Awardees will receive a $1,000 bursary in the form of a complimentary ASCILITE conference registration (student rate) and reimbursement of a one year ASCILITE membership. The remaining funds may be used for up to 3 nights accommodation at the conference or to assist with conference travel. Conference registration and accommodation arrangements will be made by ASCILITE on behalf of the award winners. If you are already a member of ASCILITE, your membership will be extended by 12 months.
How to apply
To apply for a bursary, PhD/EdD or equivalent students must complete the online Nomination Form which requires applicants to:
- Attach proof of full-time student status, i.e. letter of offer into candidature.
- Submit a link to a 3 – 5 minute video that demonstrates how well the applicant makes use of educational technologies, is able to communicate effectively through this technology and explains why the applicant should receive the bursary. Applicants may use any acceptable approach and format to create the video, e.g. talking head, animation, story, etc. Applicants must upload their video submission to an accessible video server for adjudication.
- Winning submissions will be made available on the ASCILITE website and you will need to provide permission for this.
- Applicants must become a member of ASCILITE to qualify for a bursary ($75 per annum) and this fee will be reimbursed to the winning applicant. If you are already a member, your membership will be extended by 12 months.
Associate Professor Sue Gregory is available for applicants who would like to ask questions about their application by way of a phone call or email beforehand. Sue can be emailed at email@example.com or contacted by phone on +61 2 6773 5054.
Please submit your applications to the ASCILITE Secretariat by 15 August 2017.