Past Innovation Award Winners
- 2016 Award – Danny Liu for the University of Sydney with Prof Adam Bridgeman, Zinnia Sahukar, Dr Mel Keep, Kevin Samnick, Ruth Weeks, A/Prof Abelardo Pardo, Dr Kathryn Bartimote-Aufflick, A/Prof Charlotte Taylor – “The Student Relationship Engagement System”.
- 2016 Award – Sasha Nikolic for the University of Wollongong with Christian Ritz, Farzad Safaei, Tom Goldfinch, Wanqing Li, Mark J.W. Lee (Charles Sturt University) – “Improving Transnational and Industry-supported Student Engagement Through Immersive Videoconferencing in a 3D Virtual Environment”.
- 2016 Highly Commended – James Oldfield for Unitec Institute of Technology with Karen Haines, JJ Purton Jones, Lisa Simperingham, Wayne Sebalja, Ken Liu, Sarah Kirk, Linda Keesing-Styles, Simon Nash – “Supporting teachers in new collaborative learning spaces”.
- 2016 Commended – Lisa Tee for Curtin University with Kate Rodgers – “MyCourseMap: Making curriculum visible through a multidimensional interactive map to engage students in learning outcomes and career relevance”.
- 2015 Award – Brent Gregory for the University of New England’s “Instant Feedback Accounting Practice Set”.
- 2015 Award – Leopold Bayerlein & Naomi McGrath for the University of New England’s “Balancing Life – A Virtual Internship for Accounting Education”.
- 2015 Award – Helen Farley, Sharron Dove, Stephen Seymour, Chris Lee, John MacDonald, Anita Ryle, Susan Hopkins, Jared Wright, Kyle Murphy, Jacinta Cox, Louise Patching, Tracey Eastment and Catherine Abraham for the University of Southern Queensland’s “Making the connection: Improving Access to Higher Education for Low Socio-Economic Status Students with ICT Limitation”.
- 2014 Commendation – Helen Carter, Elaine Huber, Fiona Nicolson, Lucy Arthur and Maria D’Addiego-Kettle for Macquarie University’s “Faculty Partnership Program”.
- 2014 Commendation – John P Egan, Aran Sisley, Lynne Bye, Michelle Honey, Dianne Marshall, Adam Blake, Jill Yielder, Fiona Moir, Roger Booth and Mark Barrow for the University of Auckland’s “Faculty of Medical and Health Science E-Portfolio Project”.
- 2014 Commendation – Anthea Leggett, Trish Andrews, Dominic McGrath, Joshua Darrah, Tania Ryan and Safie Khan for the University of Queensland’s “ITALI Flipped Classroom Initiative”.
- 2013 Award – Dr Helen Farley, Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, along with Serco Asia Pacific and Queensland Corrective Services for their project “From Access to Success: Improving the higher education learning experience for students without Internet access”.
- 2012 Award – Professor Mike Keppell, Associate Professor Merilyn Childs and Carole Hunter from the Flexible Learning Institute, Charles Sturt University for their project “The Flexible Learning Institute Teaching Fellowship”.
- 2012 Award – Dr Sandi Shillington, Andrea Mackay, Dr Shelley Paewai and Professor Mark Brown from the Distance Education and Learning Futures Alliance, Massey University for their project “A Student Success Framework: Tools for Distance Learners Over Initial Stages of the Study Lifecycle”.
- 2011 Award – Simon McIntyre and Karin Watson, The University of New South Wales for their project, Learning to Teach Online Project
- 2011 Commendation – Philip Paasuke, Dr Grace Lynch, Lyn Atkinson, Sachin Dua and Jessica Robertson, Open Universities of Australia for their project, “Engaging Learners in Online Discussion (ELOD)”
A number of different awards were offered by ASCILITE prior to the introduction of the Innovation and Excellence Awards. Previous award winners from earlier award categories (1996 – 2008) may be found in the archives.