Call Out for Proposals to Host the ascilite2016 Conference
ascilite is seeking expressions of interest from potential conference organizing committees to host the 2016 annual conference.
ascilite conferences are a central aspect of ascilite and provide opportunities for delegates to meet with international and national peers to exchange ideas, research and practice in educational technology.
Conferences provide a forum for the presentation of refereed papers, short concise papers, symposiums, posters and workshops. The conference also provides memorable opportunities for social interaction and networking.
There are a number of expectations of conference organizing committees including:
- Justification for the conference location and a brief explanation as to why the venue chosen would attract delegates.
- Identification of strategies for marketing and attracting 400 – 450 delegates to the conference.
- Liaison and collaboration with the ascilite Treasurer throughout the organization of the conference particularly in relation to the budget.
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with the ascilite Executive.
- The inclusion of an ascilite Executive member on the conference organizing committee.
The deadline for ascilite 2016 conference proposal submissions is Monday 14 September 2015.
As a first step a potential conference organizing committee should obtain a copy of the Conference Handbook and discuss this with an ascilite Executive. A copy of the Handbook is available by emailing the ascilite Secretariat. Since the geographical location of the conference is an important consideration, you may view past conference locations on the ascilite website here